[cyr]deliver, executed as <user>, should have <user>'s permissions

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Fri Apr 9 15:58:26 EDT 2004

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004, ms419 at freezone.co.uk wrote:
> admin at wum:~$ /usr/sbin/cyrdeliver admin < tmp/message
> couldn't connect to lmtpd: Success

yuck. bad error message :)

> Apr  9 12:07:42 wum cyrus/deliver[11511]: lmtpengine do_auth: could not
> sasl_setprop the security properties

strace cyrdeliver, and see if it is trying to get sasl options from
somewhere insane.  Also, ltrace it (recompile cyrus according to the debug
docs first so that you get better ltraces), and see if that gives any clues.

I don't know why it would fail to sasl_setprop :(

> My goal is for a user's permission to deliver to a folder to agree with
> that folder's ACL - so I can run cyrdeliver as an unprivileged user
> (like from .procmailrc), w/o allowing the user to deliver to every
> folder.

Well, that should work, but I am not sure it will.  Try to deliver as
user "postman" as well, just in case.

  Henrique Holschuh