[cyr]deliver, executed as <user>, should have <user>'s permissions

ms419 at freezone.co.uk ms419 at freezone.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 16:44:34 EDT 2004

Bad indeed : /

First, I recompiled Cyrus according to instruction. I obtained an
strace: "http://www.sfu.ca/~jdbates/cyrdeliver/strace" and ltrace:
"http://www.sfu.ca/~jdbates/cyrdeliver/ltrace".

 From the ltrace, I gather:
---
sasl_setprop(0, 101, 0x80761a0, 0xbfffce74, 0x400083bf) = -7
---
Which, according to "sasl.h":
---
#define SASL_BADPARAM   -7   /* invalid parameter supplied */
---
Referring to the first parameter - sasl_conn_t *conn - which is 0?

Also:
---
sasl_client_new(0x806de97, 0x80817c0, 0, 0, 0)   = -12
---
And according to "sasl.h":
---
#define SASL_NOTINIT    -12  /* SASL library not initialized */
---
But here I am stuck. Why isn't SASL library initialized? Are these null
values a problem? What's the cause?

No better luck running cyrdeliver as root.

I am certainly no expert - your help is VERY much appreciated! My goal
is still to allow any user to deliver mail - to only those mailboxes
whose ACLs give them permission.

Thanks again,

Jack