Cyrus will not run properly

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Sat Apr 10 18:46:58 EDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:00:11 +0100 (BST), Colin Bruce wrote:

>Dear Lyn,
>
>We had a similar problem this afternoon and some people helped out with
>sugestions. What we did was
>
>	1. stop the master server
>	2. delete files in the /var/imap/db directory
>	3. restart the master
>
>I suspect there might be a need to run utilities such as db_recover after
>step 1 if it were a live environment but if you are just setting up then
>that should be okay.

Hallo Colin

Thanks for your reply. I tried doing this but without success.
Eventually I found one solution: replacing v2.2.3 with v2.1.15
makes the problem go away. This solution works consistently
on two servers, so rather than play around with the "latest
and greatest" version I'll just use the one that works.