Probs with migrating cyrus-sasl1 RH >cyrus 21 Debian sarge.. help wanted

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Apr 13 01:43:47 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 00:24, Lars Schimmer wrote:

> a) cyrus21 - "Root-Dirs" How to set them up? On the old it was easy to
> setup a "spam" folder which was in the mailclient listing beside the
> inbox and everybody could read/write in this folder. After moving the
> data these folders seems to malfunction, is there a way to get them back?

The best way is to recreate them with cyradm, rather than copy them
across. After you've recreated them, you should ideally copy the
messages over using IMAP, but you can also try copying the message files
into the mailbox and running 'reconstruct' on the mailbox to rebuild its
indexes etc.

Just copying the whole folder will not work, as it doesn't create the
appropriate mailboxes.db entries. It is possible to copy the folder then
update the db, but I find it easier to just create the folder using
cyradm in 2.1, then copy messages across.

> b) sasl-sasl2 migration...
> I had converting the old sasldb from RH with the RedHat tool and then
> copy and converting with the Debian tool. Now sasl2dblistusers works
> fine in debian, but errors while logging in:
> ~ Mar 29 16:06:58 europa2 cyrus/imapd[31927]: starttls: TLSv1 with cipher
> AES256-SHA (256/256 bits new) no authentication
> Mar 29 16:07:02 europa2 cyrus/imapd[31927]: badlogin:
> xx.xx.xx.tu-bs.de[134.169.xx.xx] CRAM-MD5 [SASL(-13): user not
> found: no secret in database]

No idea, sorry - I don't use sasldb.

Craig Ringer