Outlook 2002 hangs while fetching headers

Doug Koobs dkoobs at fcsservices.com
Mon Apr 12 16:20:52 EDT 2004

Hello,

This weekend I upgraded Cyrus to 2.2.3-8 using Simon's RPM's. I was hoping
that the improved message header caching would help with a problem one of my
users is having, but it didn't.

When the user switches to a folder that has many messages (thousands)
Outlook 2002 hangs with a message in the status bar that says "fetching
headers". I've Googled for this problem, and it seems that there are quite a
few Outlook users having this problem. MS has a patch for Outlook 2000 that
supposedly fixes this problem, but nothing for Outlook 2002.

Has anyone here experienced this? If so, are there any configuration changes
I can make in Cyrus to workaround this Outlook quirk?

Thanks,

Doug

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information from
Financial Credit Services which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are
not the addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this
message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify the sender and destroy the original message and all copies.