Skel for imap and sieve?

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Apr 16 14:11:47 EDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Denny Schierz wrote:

> hi,
>
> is there a nice way to create automatically a folder structur and sieve
> filters for every new account?
>
> like	INBOX.
>   	INBOX.Draft
> 	INBOX.Sent
> 	INBOX.Trash
> 	INBOX.Spam
>
> and create a sieve filter to move all ***SPAM*** Subjects into INBOX.Spam

We use a perl script here to create new mailboxes for users.  It seems
like it would be trivial to also create some folders for users when the
new mailbox is created...

As for sieve, we use .sieve files in user's home directories, so it
wouldn't be too hard to make a default .sieve file that each new user
gets.  Obviously, your system may be different.

	Andy