many copies of ctl_cyrusdb

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Apr 19 22:50:04 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 00:05, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 19:28, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > Hi folks
> >
> > I've just spotted a large number of ctl_cyrusdb process that appear to
> > have hung, for no apparent reason:
>
> It was, of course, the usual bdb @#$@#$ that seems to bite a lot of
> people on this list, just taking yet another different form. Killing the
> master, moving /var/imap/db/* out of the way, and relaunching the master
> appears to have done the trick.

Unfortunately, the server continued misbehaving - reporting BDB errors,
hanging on login, etc.

It turned out to be a corrupted duplicate delivery database (db_verify
complained about it) - so I just removed the duplicate delivery db
entirely.

Things seem to be running fine now, and will be even better once I'm not
using BDB for anything.

Craig Ringer