Please help, Perl Module problem.

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Tue Apr 20 15:10:53 EDT 2004

There's nothing like coming back to your own words a while later to make
you realize what a wining b-otch you sounded like when you said: (more below)

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 09:35:19AM -0400, Rob Siemborski wrote:
> I just looked through the list archives -- the only patch I see that looks
> remotely like this was one that modifies the perl source with autoconf
> which as you say in the post is relatively poor.
>
> Was I missing the cleaner patch that does this all within makemaker?

No, mostly because I'm not that good with makemaker.  When I wrote the
original I was hoping to inspire someone to Do The Right Thing.  But after
looking at the layout, I'm not sure what you gain -- you'll have to add the
Makemaker stuff to the autoconf files, so it's the same amount of changes.

But if you will accept a patch that modifies the makemaker stuff, I'll hack
one out over the next week or so, just so that we can stop getting the same
FAQ from everyone ;-)

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.