Cyrus logging, /var/log/imapd.log

Doug Koobs dkoobs at fcsservices.com
Thu Apr 15 12:38:54 EDT 2004

> Hi,
>
> I'm using 2.2.3 and had no trouble with syslogd, I use
> local6.* instead of
> local6.debug.
> By the way local0 through local7 are made available by syslog
> to applications
> wishing to have a separate log file (man syslog.conf should
> tell you more).
>
> If local6.* doesn't change anything you should try to restart
> syslogd using
> /etc/init.d/syslog restart.
>

> Hope this help.
> françois

Francois,

Thanks for the tip. I changed the lcal6.debug to local.* and restarted
syslog, but still nothing got written to imapd.log. I read the man page for
syslog, and it explains what the localx entries are for, but not where they
are defined. Anyone know where it is determined that local6 is logging for
cyrus?

Doug

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Financial Credit Services which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message and all copies.