murder problems (mupdate getting lost between frontends and mupdate master)

Sergio Devojno Bruder bruder at haxent.com.br
Thu Apr 22 15:26:01 EDT 2004

Rob Siemborski wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Sergio Devojno Bruder wrote:
>

>>output trace from what program in particular? mupdate? on FEs, on master
>>or on backends?
>>

>Specifically a protocol trace between the mupdate master and the
>frontends.
>
>-Rob

Sorry, but we made a workaround for this problem:

Our webmail (unique way to use imap in our configuration) wast patched
to consult
mupdate master and connect directly to the correct backend. If our find
in mupdate
resulted in no usable response, connect to the FE's.

The FE's are only used now for pop3 and lmtp, imap and sieve are using
the backend.

This alone resolved most of our problems.
(our backends still disconnect some times from mupdate master)

--
Sergio Devojno Bruder    <bruder at haxent.com.br>
http://haxent.com.br  41 362-5930, 41 9127-6620