Problem with Outlook Express

Ing. Andrea Vettori mail at andreavettori.com
Thu Apr 15 17:12:08 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a Cyrus installation with about 300 mailboxes, many of them with
a lot of messages inside (the record is 21000).
I have the following problem that I think is not related to Cyrus.
Excuse me if I'm asking here but I hope someone had the same problem in
the past...

When outlook express (version 6) gets new email from cyrus, sometimes,
it marks messages as deleted and it says the message is no longer
available in the server.

It happens randomly in time and user.

I know messages are still there because if I use another client program
I can see the messages.

By now, the only way to have outlook see the messages is to remove and
reinstall the account and resyncronize.

Any hint ?