Permission denied when post on Shared Folder

Carl P. Corliss rabbitt at xaraya.com
Fri Apr 16 11:28:06 EDT 2004

Tarjei Huse wrote:
[snip]
> Consider this: most probably you MTA delivers the mail to Cyrus without
> knowing who raphael is. If you want Cyrus to only let raphael post, them
> this must happen through an authenticated LMTP session. I'm no expert
> here, but take a look at Postfixs LMTP.README or something for more info
> on the subject.
[snip]

This was discussed a couple of months ago on both this and the postfix
list. Currently postfix does not pass authentication credentials off to
the lmtp process, so you'll have to use sendmail or another MTA that
does if you want to take advantage of this functionality. Or you could
always just write a patch for postfix that passes the credentials. ;-)

Cheers,

--
Carl P. Corliss
System Administrator / Developer