ctl_cyrusdb DBERROR

Philip Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Apr 19 11:33:58 EDT 2004

Sorry, I hit "Send" by mistake before I had completed the message earlier.

I noticed this morning that just after noon on Friday (16 April) ctl_cyrusdb started
to log:

  DBERROR: archive /cyrus1/cyrusconfig/db: cyrusdb error

and has done so every time ctl_cyrusdb has run since then (every 30 minutes).

There has been no software ubgrade or any such change and I can't see why it should
have suddenly started doing this.  I am running 2.1.13 and plan to upgrade to 2.2.3
this week, but would prefer to sort this issue out before complicating things with
an upgrade.

My db directory contains __db.001 and log.0000000411 which are both dated just a few
minutes ago; and __db.002, __db.003, __db.004 and __db.005 which are all dated 6
April at 02:01.  The logs show nothing significant at latter date/time.

Any ideas?

Phil.