Client hang after some idle time

ADNET Ghislain gadnet at verio.fr
Mon Apr 19 12:27:31 EDT 2004

Hi,

  I am installing my first cyrus server and everything work fine at
start : i receive mail and can move and receive and see every mailbox i
created etc..

  My problem is that the client (i tried mozilla, netscape, thunderbird,
outlook2003, evolution...) that is working perfectly at login but it
hang on every imap access after some time. The mail client is just
standing there and after some time for evolution drop a 'error
refreshing folder: succes' (yes success as an error!), other mail client
just hangup there with no message at all.

  I done some network trace it goes like this on outlook 2003 on win XP:

everything workss fine

client -> IDLE
sever respond -> idling
client -> ACK of the response

when i come back 1h later i click on an imap folder then:

client -> DONE
client tcp resent -> DONE

and repeat last msg 5 time :(

on the server side i have some "idle for too long, closing connection"
messages.

Anyone meet the same problem with client just hanging after some time ?

best regards,
Ghislain.