Quota

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Apr 19 14:41:04 EDT 2004

Cyrus is not just an IMAP server, Cyrus is a whole mail storage system.
You can not simply run modern Cyrus from inetd/xinetd.  By BSD what do you
mean BSDi, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD?  What version of Cyrus.  You'll
probably have to go back and start fromt eh beginning.  But if you use
Cyrus you have to use all Cyrus.  Cyrus has it's own mail spool format and
keeps it's messages in it's own area, it also has it's own delivery agents
and they don't interact well with procmail, it has Sieve to fill that niche.

If you don't want to make POP3 available you can disable Cyrus' pop3d.  But
you can not choose to run Cyrus IMAPD and some other POP3 Daemon, it will
not work.

--On Monday, April 19, 2004 15:17 -0300 Eicke Felipe <eickeaf at yahoo.com.br>
wrote:

> I need to use Cyrus only for IMAP, but I read somethings about changes
> into Postfix main.cf and POP server too.
>
> Could you help me?
> Eicke.

GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E