Bug in deliver (when using virtdomains)

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Tue Apr 20 15:52:03 EDT 2004

Hi,
I just stumled across a bug in deliver (use LMTP, I know, but that is
not an option _now_).
cyrus-imapd is stock 2.2.3 (deliver.c 1.169).
When delivering to a user's submailbox (deliver -m mbox user) where
user is in a virtual domain, deliver generates wrong +-addresses
while talking to lmtpd. Instead of user+mailbox at domain, deliver
generates user at domain+mailbox (deliver.c line 373). The bug is
still present in CVS versions 1.169.2.1 and 1.172.
To solve this issue, each address must be split into username and
domain. I will write a patch as soon as we have migrated our
cyrus-1.5-environment to 2.2.
As a workaround, we will be using deliver user+mailbox at domain
(wich requires careful examination of everything which might try
to deliver mail).

Regards,
Christoph

--