Getting IMSP segfaults when accessing LDAP

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Apr 22 00:39:31 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 11:54, Rob Tanner wrote:
> Craig,
>
> I did a bit of googling, and I found a lot of complaints about RH not
> dumping core, but no one seems to know had to turn that limitation off.
> Have you any ideas?
>
> If nothing else, at least I've paid my bucks to RedHat so I should be
> able to ask them.

That you should.

RH sets a _soft_ limit on core size, so for a normal user you should
just be able to make sure that 'ulimit -c 100000000' (or whatever) gets
called in their initial shell.

If you're using pam_limits, try /etc/security/pam_limits.conf as an
easier way of ensuring that limits are applied on login.

Alternately, just increase the core size limit with ulimit before
starting the master; I think that should do the trick.

I'm not sure if there's a particular 'more correct' way.

Craig Ringer