Getting IMSP segfaults when accessing LDAP

Rob Tanner rtanner+cyrus at linfield.edu
Wed Apr 21 23:54:15 EDT 2004

Craig,

I did a bit of googling, and I found a lot of complaints about RH not
dumping core, but no one seems to know had to turn that limitation off.
Have you any ideas?

If nothing else, at least I've paid my bucks to RedHat so I should be
able to ask them.

-- Rob

--On Friday, April 23, 2004 10:33:39 AM +0000 Craig Ringer
<craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 21:47, Rob Tanner wrote:
>> Rob,
>>
>> I've included just the tail end of the strace confirming the
>> segmentaion  fault, but there was no corresponding core dump.  Do I
>> have to do something  special to cause it to dump core?
>
> Some versions of RH seem to set a core file size limit of zero for all
> users by default, preventing apps from dumping core. Perhaps that's
> the case on your system.
>
> Craig Ringer

Rob Tanner
Linfield College,