Getting IMSP segfaults when accessing LDAP

Moritz Both mb at aldebaran.de
Thu Apr 22 05:44:15 EDT 2004

It looks llike it may be related to re-entrace in the sasl libraries.
See this:

http://bugs.debian.org/145766

I had seg faults on debian woody when I tried this: Cyrus imap -> sasl
-> pam -> pam_ldap

The problem was that pam_ldap was compiled with sasl, and the sasl
libraries are not reentrant. Thus a double free bug was triggered.

"The Debian libldap2 and cyrus-imapd packages are both compiled using
the SASL library. If you use cyrus-imapd together with libnss-ldap, or
saslauthd together with libpam-ldap, the resulting double calls to SASL
library functions can trigger a double-free bug which may cause the
calling process to crash. To  avoid such a crash, you must recompile the
libldap2 package --without-cyrus-sasl."

Dont know if this is documented anywhere outside the debian bug databases.

Greetings,
Moritz

--
Moritz Both
Aldebaran Daten- und Kommunikationssysteme GmbH