Writing directly to email

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Thu Apr 29 12:30:02 EDT 2004

First of all. you should NOT be altering the mail store directly.. That
is cyrus' internal format and it should not be messed with.. If you need
to send logs to the cyrus mail store, use the MAILTO feature of
logrotate, or use something like logwatch, or write your own script to
mail the logs to the user.. That is the only SAFE and sane way to change
the messages in the mail store. Mail them! or use IMAP to add new
messages to a folder.. But do NOT directly alter the mail store.

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/