Problem moving mailboxes under murder

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Mon Sep 22 18:56:26 EDT 2003

Christian Schulte schrieb:

> Are the changes from 2.1.13 to 2.1.14 also in 2.2-cvs ? I setup a
> test-murder with two backends, one frontend and one mupdate-master.
> Everything seems to work except renaming/transferring mailboxes with
> similar behaviour.

Could it be that in imapd.c => function cmd_xfer() it should call
mboxname_tointernal() instead of mboxname_hiersep_tointernal() ? The
problem seems to be that imapd does not correctly transform the
mailbox-name to the internal representation in cmd_xfer() and thus
mlookup fails to find a mailbox like user^test at test^de. There seems to
be  'confusion'  in imapd.c  when to call mboxname_tointernal() and when
mboxname_hiersep_tointernal() ! Could it also be that nearly any call to
mboxname_hiersep_tointernal() could be replaced with
mboxname_tointernal() in imapd.c ? I did not recompile the whole
installation right now but I could bet that this causes my problems
during rename and xfer somewhere (at least in cmd_xfer)...

--Christian