stage directory

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 3 20:15:32 EDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Ilan Rabinovitch wrote:

> I guess this could be an issue.  I dont see any file-descriptor errors right
> now, but this is a very active system handling mail, backup dns, http, and
> ftp.
>
> I'll try uping the max FDs and see what happens.

If the system is truly overloaded, then the kernel may be unexpectedly
killing processes that are waiting in accept(), which would result in
master losing track of them.

As far as the contents of your stage directory go, if the files are older
than a few seconds they are probably safe to just remove -- the restart of
cyrus will result in them being left around, though the attempted delivery
was tempfailed (as you said, they were eventually delivered).

-Rob