High Availability Email

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 1 04:03:03 EDT 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Gary C. New wrote:

> I need a solution that synchronizes/mirrors/replicates user mail stores
> across several physical servers for redundency.

Its probably about time that I admitted to:

  http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/replication.html

This was principally designed for our needs, but we've been using it for a
number of months now and it does seem to work rather well. If there is
interest from the Cyrus community and developers I'm happy to treat this a
prototype for something to be merged back into the main source tree.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.