Sql based Spamassassin with sieve

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Wed Sep 10 20:23:37 EDT 2003

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan <ramprasad at netcore.co.in> writes:

> I am using a gateway spamassassin with Mailscanner. The problem is every
> user would like his own individual preferences stored.
>
> So I was looking if there was a way I could use sieve to fork
> spamassassin per user with the user name and the prefernces stored in
> Mysql database.
>
> I found that some people have done this, But there doesnt seem to be
> much documentation

We do it with amavisd-new before the mail reaches cyrus.  It uses a
slightly different schema for the preferences than SA, but it works
well.  Using amavisd-new for this also means that multi-recipient
messages are only run through SA once, regardless of the number of
recipients.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen            ted at impulse.net
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2         secabeen at pobox.com