Sql based Spamassassin with sieve

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan ramprasad at netcore.co.in
Mon Sep 15 11:38:19 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 20:54, Darron Froese wrote:

> >> I started from that page too. My actual problem is How Do I tell cyrus
> >> ( or sieve ) to run spamassassin with the user name to whom the mail
> >> is addressed
> >
> > As far as I have been able to understand you don't. You'll have to use
> > procmail (or maildrop or whatever is your preference) as your
> > LDA/intermediary ( IDA? :) - call SA from procmailrc the first thing
> > you
> > do and call deliver the last thing you do. But I may be missing
> > something.
>
> This is how I do it:
>
> Start spamd so it's listening on localhost:
>
> spamd -d -q -x -u cyrus
>
> In postfix/main.cf:
>
> mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -t -a "$EXTENSION"
> mailbox_transport = procmail
>
> In postfix/master.cf:
>
> procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>     flags=Ru user=cyrus argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m USER=${user}
> EXTENSION=${extension} /etc/procmailrc
>
> Then in my procmail recipe it sends the email via spamc:
>
> DELIVERMAIL="/usr/lib/cyrus/deliver"
> IMAP="$DELIVERMAIL -e -a $USER -m user.$USER"
> SPAMIT="$DELIVERMAIL -e -a $USER -m user.$USER.spam"
>
> DROPPRIVS=yes
> :0fw
> | /usr/bin/spamc -f -u $USER
>
> :0
> | $SPAMIT
>
> # If it's got an extension - put it there.
> :0 w
> * EXTENSION ?? [^@]
> | $IMAP.$EXTENSION
>
> # If there's no extension - put it in the INBOX.
> :0 w
> | $IMAP
>
> :0 w
> {
> EXITCODE=$?
> HOST
> }

So Does that mean That I have to use procmail and .procmailrc

But my problem is I dont  the (Unix )users created on my imap server.
The users are simple LDAP accounts and cyrus Account
So there are no home areas and no procmailrc file
That is why I Have to use cyrus with lmtp
I was just wondering if it would be possible to do it in sieve

Thanks
Ram