Sql based Spamassassin with sieve

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan ramprasad at netcore.co.in
Tue Sep 16 03:04:03 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 21:08, Darron Froese wrote:

> On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 09:38 AM, Ramprasad A Padmanabhan
> wrote:
>
> > So Does that mean That I have to use procmail and .procmailrc
>
> You have to use procmail to do it this way - but you don't have to use
> .procmailrc.
>
> You could put the spamc stuff in your /etc/procmailrc which is run
> every time procmail starts up. So you won't need extra .procmailrc
> files for each user. The only problem with this is that *everyone* will
> have their mail scanned by spamassassin this way.
>
> > But my problem is I dont  the (Unix )users created on my imap server.
> > The users are simple LDAP accounts and cyrus Account
> > So there are no home areas and no procmailrc file
>
> I don't have local users either - all email authentication is done from
> a mysql database.
> --
> darron froese
> principal
> nonfiction studios inc.
> t  403.686.8887
> c 403.819.7887
> f  403.313.9233
> w http://nonfiction.ca/
> e  darron at nonfiction.ca

Thanks for all the info. One more thing that I would like to know is If
my sieve filters will still continue to work If I change my LDA to
procmail
I found sieve and duplelim as great features. I know I can do filtering
with procmail too But again that will require every users' home
directory

Thanks
Ram