Sql based Spamassassin with sieve

Pat Lashley patl at volant.org
Fri Sep 12 15:25:05 EDT 2003

--On Friday, September 12, 2003 09:50:43 -0700 Ted Cabeen
<secabeen at pobox.com> wrote:

> Why does it need to run 5 times?  If you've got 5 people with
> different settings, you can run spamassassin one time and still have
> individual preferences.  The score of a message is not determined by a
> user's SA preferences in most cases.

Indeed, few people change the list of tests to be performed or the
scores of the individual tests; but now that SA has Baysean filtering
it is quite simple for individuals to maintain their own training
sets to define what they do or do not consider to be spam.  And that
will lead to different scores for the same message.

I know this is fairly easy to do in Exim.  (Using SA from a router
rather than an ACL.)  I suspect it's not too difficult for other
MTAs.  (It does prevent the use of Cyrus' single store option though.)

-Pat