OT, question on IMAP

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu Sep 11 12:06:51 EDT 2003

Hi list,

Sorry for this OT message.  I have a question about IMAP-the-protocol,
and I guessed tis is where I had the better chance of a good answer.

It's very simple actually.  From a program I am writing, I want to know
how many messages in a mailbox are read or not.  I guess I must must
somehow query for the \Seen flag.  While I am at it, why not make it
generic and query how many messages in a mailbox have a particuliar flag
set.

So my question is : what would an IMAP client send to determine how many
message in a particuliar mailbox have a particuliar flag setted ?  Is it
possible to reverse this and ask how many messages *don't* have a
particuliar flag setted ?

Thanks for your insight !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com