Order of SASL2 methods announced? (Cyrus IMAPD2)

Pascal Gienger Pascal.Gienger at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Sep 15 04:37:17 EDT 2003

Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu> wrote:

>> 250-AUTH=NTLM PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
>
> I don't have this second line on Sendmail 8.12.9 - am I missing something?

No, it is for (again) broken clients which are using "AUTH=". Some kind of
legacy auth.

> Is it for sure that O and OE cannot use DIGEST-MD5? Why do they try at
> all? Is DIGEST-MD5 actually working on your IMAP? Try "imtest".

DIGEST-MD5 works. I am using it every day with Mulberry.

> With the latest installments, you should be able to use Kerberos5 as well
> (GSS-API), since Active Directory uses it as an authentication engine.
> Maybe *that* will help you sort out M$ sillyness...

Our mail servers don't have any GSS-Modules installed. And we don't want to
support it as well.

Thanks for your reply! I'll try my luck with the plugin files ordering :-)

Pascal