Auxprop - auth via UNIX passwd

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sat Sep 13 08:13:34 EDT 2003

J.D. Bronson wrote:

> I am looking to see what I am doing wrong. I want to allow any pop3/IMAP
> users to simply authenticate via the standard solaris UNIX password file.
>
> I use the sasldb file for sendmail to authenticate for RELAY only.
>
> I cannot get this to work!!!! - as long as the user is added with
> 'sasldbpasswd2' then they can check email....
>
> In my setup, all users are actually valid unix users.
>
> My imapd.conf contains:
>
> # more imapd.conf
> configdirectory: /var/imap
> partition-default: /var/spool/imap
> allowanonymouslogin: no
> allowplaintext: yes
> quotawarn: 80
> lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: yes
> imapidresponse: yes
> popminpoll: 2
> admins: someuser
> sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
                        ^^^^^^^
Change this to saslauthd and run 'saslauthd -a getpwent'

Note that this will only work if the POP/IMAP client uses plaintext
authentication.  If you have clients capable of other mechanisms, then
you either have to have users secrets in sasldb2, or disable the other
mechs by adding a line like this to imapd.conf:

sasl_mech_list: plain

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127