cyrus-imap and fetchmail's "keep"

Michi Müller panic_69 at web.de
Sat Sep 13 05:21:49 EDT 2003

hi, i'm new to the list because i just begun setting up my
private imap server. so far it works great, but while testing
i ran into the following problem:

fetchmail gets mail from a POP3 freemail server. it passes
the mail to procmail, which than uses cyrus' deliver program
to sort mail into my imap folders. this works as expected.
now the problem: i use fetchmail with the "keep" option so
that the mail isn't deleted on the POP3 server when i fetch.
after transfering whatever is on the server i can simply
delete the ".fetchids" file (where fetchmail stores which
mail it has already transfered) and after that fetchmail will
transfer the mails again. this worked great when i used
unix mboxes... now, using imap, it works as before (i can
see this in procmail's mail.log) but cyrus seems to drop
all the mails which it has already delivered before.

i deleted all the messages from my imap folders but the
messages won't show up again after transfering them for the
second time. is there a way (cyrus.conf option perhaps?) to
disable cyrus' indexing of delivered mail?

hope someone can help me.. thx,

michael