Cyrus IMAP question.

Denis V. Suhanov den at suhoff.ru
Thu Sep 18 15:18:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

I  am  using  Cyrus  IMAP 2.1.15 with Sendmail. I've spent lot of time
trying  to set up my IMAP clients (M$ Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird and
"The  Bat!")  to work with it but I keep having problems with folders.
Whenever  I  create  a user (e.g. cm user.test), each of these clients
gets  an  non-selectable  folder  "user",  then  fodler  "test"  which
contains  all  user's messages. I tried to play with IMAP root setting
on the clients, but it does not seem to help much. If I make user.test
my IMAP root - I am unable to see the messages :). I can not set INBOX
as  my  IMAP  root  (all  clients report server error, something like:
"Your specified Root Folder Path of 'INBOX' could neither be found nor
created. Please verify your Root Folder Path is correct, and that your
IMAP  account  is properly configured". When I use 'user.test' in this
situation,  everything  works just fine, except that I can not see the
messages (apparentely, they are left higher in the folder hierarchy).

I  am  trying  to manually create an inbox folder for users, something
like  'cm  user.test.INBOX'  and  try  to  deliver  one's main to this
manually  created  folder.  This is to put all the folder (Sent Items,
Drafts  etc) under the same 'user.test' and make it look good. I tried
to  find  something  on  the  Net but failed. Is there a way for me to
configure  my  Sendmail  so the LMTP delivery (I am using local mailer
'cyrusv2'  which  is  supposed  to  be  LMTP)  puts  all  e-mails into
'user.username.INBOX' folder?

Here is the piece of my sendmail.mc:

define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')dnl
...skipped...
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(cyrusv2)dnl

Also, I have one more question. I tried to use pop3d to access my IMAP
account, but whenever I connect to POP3 daemon, the client reports an
error (after authentication, which works just fine):

 18.09.2003, 12:16:44: FETCH - TLS handshake complete
 18.09.2003, 12:16:45: FETCH - connected to POP3 server
!18.09.2003,  12:16:48: FETCH - Server reports error. The response is:
-ERR [SYS/PERM] Unable to open maildrop

It seems to me that it is still something related to the INBOX folder.
Everything  I tried does not seem to help much. Any ideas on what that
is?

Thank you very much for your help.

--
Best regards,