single quote in mailbox

Marc-Andre Gaudreau Marc-Andre.Gaudreau at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Sep 23 10:11:50 EDT 2003

Hi Patrick,

I pretty much asked the same question in this message :
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&searchterm=gaudreau&msg=19930

I couldn't find any reason not to allow the single quote in the code or
the rfcs either.

I was hoping somebody would answer this time...  Although I can't tell
you why the single quote is not in GOODCHARS, I can tell you that we
added it in mboxname.c (as posted in my message) and we've been running
in procuction for several months without any problems.