Exim and Cyrus shared folders

Jody Hay jodyhay at charter.net
Tue Sep 23 14:02:57 EDT 2003

    Hello -

    I am running debian testing with Exim (3.36) and Cyrus Imap (1.5.19).

    I'm having difficulty configuring exim to deliver mail to a shared
folder.

    I created a shared folder with cyradm, like this:

linux:/var/spool/cyrus/mail# cyradm -u mailadmin 127.0.0.1
127.0.0.1 password:
127.0.0.1> cm shared
127.0.0.1> sam shared anyone lrswipcda
127.0.0.1> lam shared
anyone lrswipcda

    I can use cyrdeliver to send email to the folder:
linux:/var/spool/cyrus/mail# cat sample_mail |cyrdeliver -m shared

    However, this will not work:
linux:/var/spool/cyrus/mail# mail shared -s "Sample" < sample_mail

    Neither does this
linux:/var/spool/cyrus/mail# mail bb+shared -s "Sample" < sample_mail

    They both result in error messages in the /var/log/exim/mainlog:
 ** shared: unknown local-part "shared" in domain "linux"

    Here is the transport section of exim.conf
local_delivery:
  driver = pipe
  command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver ${local_part}"
  return_path_add
  return_output
  prefix = ""
  user = cyrus

    Am I missing something else in the exim.conf?

    Please cc: me directly on responses.