ipurge as an event in cyrus.conf

Lars Peterson lars at itech-mke.com
Tue Sep 23 15:49:14 EDT 2003

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has had any success with using ipurge events in the
cyrus.conf file...

I would like to periodically purge all users Spam and Trash folders and was
thinking something like this would work in cyrus.conf (vs. using cron):

  # purge trash every day at midnight
  purgetrash    cmd="ipurge -f -d 1 user/*/Trash" at=0000 period=1440

  # purge spam every 3 days at 1AM
  purgespam     cmd="ipurge -f -d 3 user/*/Spam" at=0100 period=43212

I ran the ipurge commands as user cyrus from the command line and they seemed to
have worked fine. But when I stuck the above lines in my cyrus.conf file and
restarted cyrus, I haven't seen any auto purging...

RedHat 9 w/cyrus-imapd-2.1.13 & cyrus-sasl-2.1.13

Any ideas?

Lars Peterson
SysAdmin / Programmer
iTECH Inc.