ipurge as an event in cyrus.conf

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Sep 23 16:39:28 EDT 2003

Lars Peterson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Wondering if anyone has had any success with using ipurge events in the
> cyrus.conf file...
>
> I would like to periodically purge all users Spam and Trash folders and was
> thinking something like this would work in cyrus.conf (vs. using cron):
>
>   # purge trash every day at midnight
>   purgetrash    cmd="ipurge -f -d 1 user/*/Trash" at=0000 period=1440
>
>   # purge spam every 3 days at 1AM
>   purgespam     cmd="ipurge -f -d 3 user/*/Spam" at=0100 period=43212

The 'at' option (if available in 2.1) and 'period' option are mutually
exclusive.  If you use 'at', the command will run at that time every
day.  If you use 'period', it will run at server starup and then at
every interval after that.

I used to use ipurge as an event in cyrus.conf for expiring usenet
articles in v2.2 until i wrote cyr_expire.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127