Preserving seen state when converting from mbox

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu Sep 25 14:19:23 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 01:29:30PM -0400, Igor Brezac wrote:
> mailutil append /path/to/mbox {new.cyrus.server/user=mbox_cyrus_user/authuser=proxy_user/norsh}INBOX

You made my day !!!  Exactly what I needed.

> > The imapxfer command may do the job, but again it won't if I need to
> > enter credential for each user (which I don't have access to anyway).  I
> > would also prefer to avoid the overhead of configuring/running a second
> > imap daemon for the migration.
>
> Why?  You can run cyrus while the conversion is running.

I am going to make timing test with a few of the largest mbox to get an
estimate of how long it will be running.  I will have a window of a few
hours one night on weekend to do it (can yuo spell espresso !).  Mail
will be spooled at the MTA in the meantime, then Cyrus will be brought
up to replace qpopper.  Timing is important as the service will be down
while the conversion is running.

Thanks again !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com