cant login to cyradm

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Fri Sep 26 08:12:42 EDT 2003

I guess you installed Simon Matter's rpm.  If this is the case, the
cyrus user have been created, but no password had been set.  Set one
with "passwd cyrus".

>From there on, still assuming you are using Simon Matter's rpm, you can
start the cyrus administration utility by running :

  cyradm --user=cyrus localhost

Type 'help' at the prompt for online help.  You will need to create
mailbox for your user.  The command would most likely be
"cm user/<username>".

I installed Simon Matter's rpm on RH 8 last wednesday and noticed that
that the perl package don't work out of the box.  If you get perl error
when starting cyradmin, you will need to follow these instruction to
recompile and reinstall the rpm :

- Grab the cyrus-imapd.2.1.15-1.src.rpm

- Install with "rpm -ivh cyrus-imapd.2.1.15-1.src.rpm"

- cd to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS

- Edit the cyrus-imapd.spec file, increment the Release from 1 to 2.

- Build the rpm with "rpmbuild -bb cyrus-imapd.spec".  Hopefully, you
  won't stumble on dependency problem.  If you do, you will need to
  resolve them :(

- Upgrade to your freshly built rpm with
  "rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/cyrus-*"

- Profit !!!

Ask for help for any problem arise, we'll be glad to give a hand.  I do
think however that you should read the doc first.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com