cant login to cyradm

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Fri Sep 26 09:13:48 EDT 2003

In fact you should always recompile the rpms if you're not running RedHat
7.2 (I build the binaries on 7.2). Just do it like this:

rpmbuild --rebuild cyrus-imapd.2.1.15-1.src.rpm

rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/cyrus-*
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/perl-Cyrus*

And BTW, if you're using the default configuration which uses PAM, try:

passwd cyrus

cyradm --user=cyrus --auth=login localhost

cm user.<username>

Regards,
Simon