Script to dump sasldb2 to a text file

William K. Hardeman wont-i at wkh.org
Fri Sep 26 13:05:54 EDT 2003

Howdy all,

I've got a shell script I created to dump sasldb2 to a text file. I created
the script so that I could migrate my users from my old mailserver, running
in one domain, to my new mailserver running in a new domain. I'm also
migrating to the 2.2 codebase so that I can do virtual hosting. Since I
didn't have any way to easily migrate the users properly, I created this
script to dump the data from my sasldb2 database into a text format. The
output file is contains tab-separated values with one entry per line and
has the format:

username realm password

If the list has any interest in the script, I'd be happy to post it.

Will

William K. Hardeman
wont-i at wkh.org
http://www.wkh.org

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it.
--Robert A. Heinlein