X-Status processing for reconstruct

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Sat Sep 27 16:11:28 EDT 2003

Hello all

I've recently done a successful migration from UW-IMAP to Cyrus.  The
only drawback is that the status of the messages (in X-Status header)
was lost.

This is not a significant problem - more of an annoiance :)

Would it be feasible/acceptable to add a '--status' (-S?) flag to
reconstruct for such occasions?  That way, reconstruct could check the
X-Status header and set the appropriate bits in the index/cache
databases when "recovering" a migrated mailbox.

Opinions?  Is there a better/cleaner way of doing this?  I'm talking
about bulk migrations, not user-to-user via IMAP (I know it could be
done this way, but this has a lot of limitations when it comes to
migrating large numbers of mailboxes and users).

I'd be willing to contribute with this functionality.  Perhaps
Cyrus-IMAP 2.2 already incorporates a migration mechanism?

Best
* Diego Rivera                                            *
* "The Disease: Windows, the cure: Linux"                 *
* E-mail: lrivera<AT>racsa<DOT>co<DOT>cr                  *
* Replace: <AT>='@', <DOT>='.'                            *
* GPG: BE59 5469 C696 C80D FF5C  5926 0B36 F8FF DA98 62AD *
* GPG Public Key avaliable at: http://pgp.mit.edu         *