Postfix, SASL/SASL2 and LDAP

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Mon Sep 29 00:10:51 EDT 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Thomas Luzat wrote:
> According to the above site the bug is fixed in the latest cyrus21-imapd
> (of Debian) - why imapd and why not SASL? I'm really confused.

>From the changelog that closed the bug:
   * Document that SASL is still braindamaged re. reentry in double linkage
	(e.g. lib that links to sasl, in an app that uses sasl).  Since this
	is a SASL bug, this closes: #145766

I.e. there IS no possible fix. Document it, and move along.

> Anyway, I checked on my Debian sid, on which I'm configuring OpenLDAP
> currently, and it does use SASL 2.1 for libldap2 which is used by
> nss_ldap. I guess I'm fine with sid then?

Well, you won't have symbol clashes in Debian sarge or sid (not only we use
sasl 2.1 almost everywhere, both SASL 1.5 and 2.1 have versioned symbols and
won't clash with one another anymore).

But if sasl still dislikes two memory allocation strategies being used at
once in the same process (because a lib uses one, and an app uses other)...
kaboom.  I don't know if this issue is still outstanding, but I think it
is...

  Henrique Holschuh