How to filter based on "garbage" subjects ... ?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Tue Sep 30 11:52:59 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 11:32:56AM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I've yet to be able to come up with a sieve rule that will allow me to
> filter all "garbage" subjects to a seperate folder ... you know the ones
> that look like:
>
> Subject: =?euc-kr?q?(=B1=A4=B0=ED)=B5=F0=C1=F6=

I am not quite sure that this would be desirable.  The Subject: here have
just been encoded in a different character set; that's RFC-compliant
AFAIK.  You MUA should display the correct text, if it is possible.  In
your example, it is probably not since this look like a Korean character
set, I guess.

If you want, I can shoot you an email off-list that will have 8-bit
character encoded this way in the subject.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com