Summary/Confirmation - RedHat sasl libraries don't work with 2.2.x

Joe Rhett jrhett at ISite.Net
Tue Sep 30 15:19:05 EDT 2003

I'd like to note for the record (and anyone else searching) that the sasl
that ships with Redhat WILL NOT work with 2.2.1.  It returns OK with an
empty realm.  For unknown reasons, Cyrus then returns an
    "Login failed: can't request info until later in exchange"

I'm not sure why Cyrus 2.2.1 is unhappy with the OK response, but it is.

As per the only thread I could find on this subject, upgrading to sasl 2.1.15
solved the problem.  I left the Redhat plugins and saslauthd in place, just
replaced the shared library and it works.  So Rob's suggestion was correct.
(Sorry, can't find the original thread handy)

Can someone with a RedHat contract persuade them to provide updates from
2.1.10-3 to 2.1.15 ?

As stated above, I'm just reaffirming this for other searchers.  When I'm
searching for solutions to problems, I always appreciate finding confirmation
that a problem was replicable.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.