2.2.1-beta, Redhat 8; lmtpd continuously stuck on select( 0, ...)

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Tue Sep 30 23:42:52 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 04:20:04PM -0400, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:15:45PM -0700, Joe Rhett wrote:
> > Okay, I've had no drama at all getting recent versions of 2.2 to work like
> > a champ on Solaris, but Redhat appears to be a beast of a different color.
>
> It's red.     ;)
>
> > I'm happy to debug this, but I need to know what to look for.  Tell me what
> > you need to know.
>
> Which MTA do you use ?  Postfix under RedHat is chroot'ed by default;
> you need to configure Postfix to connect to /etc/???, such as :
>
>     mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/etc/lmtpproxy
>
> and create the socket under the chroot jail as /var/spool/postfix/etc/lmttproxy.

I've not yet configured an MTA.  We're focused on a system injecting
messages into IMAP.  I'm just using deliver by hand at this point in time.
(and also very aware of the postfix chroot situation)

Focus on the lmtpd -- what is the select failing on?  Is that a lock
failing, or the socket itself?

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.