cyrus squirrelmail cant create folders permission denied

joe ritter glestadt4 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 13:59:36 EDT 2003

Hello,
We have a new cyus install running that our users
access through squirrelmail. User can login and check
mail OK. However if they attempt to create a new
folder they reiceve the error message:

 "permission denied"

Cyrus pretty much owns everything, all dbs,
directories etc. When I tail the  /var/log/imap.log
file I see this at the instance that the folder
creation fails however this doesnt seem to be much
help:

Oct  2 13:40:47 mailserv imapd[8534]: myfetch:
starting txn 2147493403
Oct  2 13:40:47 mailserve imapd[8534]: abort_txn:
aborting txn 2147493403

Does anybody have any ideas on why folder
creation/deletion  is failing? I would appreciate any
feedback.

Thank you