mailboxes.db problem cont.

Hank Beatty hbeatty.lists at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 10:47:35 EDT 2003

Many thanks to Scott Adkins and Joe Hrbek for all of their help.

Here are a couple of scripts that I wrote to rebuild the mailboxes.db.
The scripts do not take into account default domain, basic or no
directory hashing, multiple partitions, and possibly other things, but I
figured they might give someone a head start if they run into this
problem.

shell script "repairMBoxDB"

#!/bin/sh
#stop Cyrus imapd before running this script

#get the directories
ls -R /var/spool/imap/* | grep "/" > /bin/scripts/mboxRepair/directories

#run perl repair script (this doesn't actually do any repairing)
/bin/scripts/mboxRepair/mboxRepair.pl

#cp the file to Cyrus' home directory and change the ownership
cp /bin/scripts/mboxRepair/newMBoxList /home/cyrus/
chown cyrus:mail /home/cyrus/newMBoxList

#save off the current mailboxes.db
mv /var/imap/mailboxes.db /var/imap/mailboxes.db.backup

#import the new mailbox list
su - cyrus -c "umask 077 ; /usr/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -u <
/home/cyrus/newMBoxList"

#EOF

perl script mboxRepair.pl

#!/usr/bin/perl

&openDirectoriesFile;

&rewriteFormat;

&scriptExit;

sub openDirectoriesFile {
   my ($lSuccess, $lName);

   $lName = "directories";
   $lSuccess = open (fhDirectories, "/bin/scripts/mboxRepair/$lName");
   if (!$lSuccess) {
      print "Didn't open " . $lName . ": $!\n";
      &scriptExit ();
   }
}

sub scriptExit {
   close (fhDirectories);
   close (fhNewMBoxList);
   exit();
}

sub rewriteFormat {
   my ($lSuccess, $lNewLine, $lCount, $lArrayCount, $lSortedCount);
   my (@lArray, @lUnsortedArray, @lSortedArray);

   $lName = "newMBoxList";
   $lSuccess = open (fhNewMBoxList, ">/bin/scripts/mboxRepair/$lName");
   if (!$lSuccess) {
      print "Didn't open " . $lName . ": $!\n";
      &scriptExit ();
   }
   $lArrayCount = 0;
   while(<fhDirectories>){
      chomp;                                 # no newline
      s/#.*//;                               # no comments
      s/^\s+//;                              # no leading white
      s/\s+$//;                              # no trailing white
      next if ($_ =~ m/\/mail:$/);           # no lines ending with
/mail:
      s/:$//;                                # no ending colons
      s/^\/var\/spool\/imap\///;             # no /var/spool/imap/
      next if ($_ !~ m/\//);                 # get rid of any line that
doesn't
have a /
s/domain\/[A-Z]//;                     # get rid of domain/A, domain/B,
domain/C, etc.
      s/^\///;                               # no / at the beginning of
a line
      next if ($_ !~ m/\//);                 # get rid of any line that
doesn't
have a /
      next if ($_ !~ m/\/user\//);           # get rid of any line that
doesn't
have /user
      next unless length;                    # anything left?
      @lArray = split ("/", $_);
      $lNewLine = sprintf ("%s!%s.%s", $lArray[0], $lArray[2],
$lArray[3]);
      $lCount = 4;
      while ($lArray[$lCount]) {
         $lNewLine = sprintf ("%s.%s", $lNewLine, $lArray[$lCount]);
         $lCount++;
      }
      #now we are going to put it into an array so we can sort it
      $lUnsortedArray[$lArrayCount] = $lNewLine;
      $lArrayCount++;
   }
   @lSortedArray = sort { $a cmp $b } @lUnsortedArray;

   #now take the sorted array and put it in the proper format and
   #write it to a file
   while ($lSortedArray[$lSortedCount]) {
      @lArray = split (/\./, $lSortedArray[$lSortedCount]);
      $lArray[2] =~ s/\^/\./;
      my @lDomain = split (/!/, $lSortedArray[$lSortedCount]);
      $lNewLine = sprintf ("%s\tdefault\t%s@%s\tlrswipcda\t",
$lSortedArray[$lSortedCount], $lArray[2], $lDomain[0]);
      print fhNewMBoxList "" . $lNewLine . "\n";    # write to a new
file
      $lSortedCount++;
   }
}