What do you call the layer that Cyrus IMAP fills?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Oct 1 18:56:31 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 15:19, Pat Lashley wrote:
> 'Mail spool' is usually used to indicate storage of outgoing messages;
> or incoming messages that are awaiting relay or final delivery.  I believe
> that 'mail store' is the more accurate term.

I agree about 'mail spool', but 'mail store' itself I think describes a
component of the MPA--how the MPA stores and indexes the mail, be it the
Cyrus databases, Maildir, mbox, an SQL database, etc.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*     Tired of spam and viruses in your e-mail?  Get the     *
* Naked Ape Mail Defender! http://nakedape.cc/r/maildefender *