Virtual domains & Debian Sarge

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Sat Oct 4 05:10:06 EDT 2003

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003, Jim Archer wrote:
> I have installed and configured Cyrus21 on Debian Sarge (testing) using the
> cyrus21 package, which is version 2.1.14.  I have it working very nicely
> with Exim4 and one domain.

Using LMTP?  Then please get the Cyrus from sid, and send me snippets
of your exim 4 config so that I can create a nice README.exim...

2.1.15 with a LOT of fixes is in sid.

?

> Could someone please tell me to what extent version 2.1.14 supports virtual
> domains and where I could find the docs for it?  Is this feature built into
> the Debian package?

It does NOT support virtual domains, period.  There is robot101mode,
but you better read the source and understand how to use it yourself,
or else you really should not be enabling it.   And if you do, you better
know that the resulting Cyrus install will probably have to be migrated
using IMAP to Cyrus 2.2.

  Henrique Holschuh