Virtual domains & Debian Sarge

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Sat Oct 4 14:19:34 EDT 2003

Hello...

--On Saturday, October 04, 2003 6:10 AM -0300 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh at debian.org> wrote:

> Using LMTP?  Then please get the Cyrus from sid, and send me snippets
> of your exim 4 config so that I can create a nice README.exim...
>
> 2.1.15 with a LOT of fixes is in sid.

Does the package from Sid require any other Sid level packages, or can it
come down to Sarge by itself?  Will it propagate down to Sarge at some
point?

I configured Exim4 to use the cyrdeliver program to deliver mail to Cyrus.
It looks like this program uses LMTP, but at this point Exim4 is only
passing one address at a time.  I plan to look into having Exim4 pass all
the addresses at once after I get a bunch of other stuff working.  I don't
know if that can be done but I plan to try.

If this one address at a time configuration is helpful I'll gladly send you
my notes and the config file excerpts.

> It does NOT support virtual domains, period.  There is robot101mode,
> but you better read the source and understand how to use it yourself,
> or else you really should not be enabling it.   And if you do, you better
> know that the resulting Cyrus install will probably have to be migrated
> using IMAP to Cyrus 2.2.

Okay, I guess that answers that.  In this case I may just forget using
virtual domain support in Cyrus and just may the addresses in Exim4.  But
before I decide I'll pull the docs for Cyrus 2.2 and see what I am missing.

Thanks!